© 2017 The Harpenden Society

Site Map

Privacy

Contact Us

Newsletters

Public Meetings

2013 Society Awards

New Club House - Harpenden Common Golf Club

Red Gables

St Hilda’s School Extension

Letter of Commendation.  This goes to Red Gables, a house which is part of the Rothamsted estate and which is visible from West Common.   It has recently been renovated inside and outside with smart new paint and newly repainted gates.  The house was built in 1907 and was built by and was the home and studio of Frank Salisbury, Harpenden’s famous portrait painter and stained glass designer.  There is a stained glass window of his design (although the original was stolen) just visible from the road.

Certificate of Merit.   This awarded to St Hilda’s School in Douglas Road for their new extension which has been designed and built to blend in with the original structure and is in keeping with the surrounding properties.

The Harpenden Society Plaque.  This goes to The Harpenden Common Golf Club for their new clubhouse on East Common.   It was designed by the local architects rdt.  It is constructed of black boarding and we think its barn-like appearance fits in well with the rural surroundings.