Looking back over the last year, crimes in Harpenden showed a reduction over the previous year with anti-social behaviour and violence being the most prolific perhaps due to lock down.
Things to be aware of include:
- Insurance mis-selling on home appliances saying your warranty has run out.
- Cloned telephone numbers calling you that appear to be legitimate saying such things as you have outstanding NI payments and unpaid tax bills.
- Door to door traders offering maintenance or garden work testing peoples vulnerability.
- Try before you buy fish seller who then charges a lot for inferior products.
- Keyless car thefts when technology is used to read and duplicate them. Keep them in a special scan proof location.
- The Herts Police with extra funding available plan to increase police numbers by 65 to 2,267 to use as a “prevention First” model.
- Police Commissioner David Lloyd’s priorities are:
Put victims first
Keep crime low
Protect local policing
Increase officer numbers
Keep tax low.
- Local police priorities are fly tipping, Anti-social behaviour (in parks) and speeding